Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a Moment (Open)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just a Moment (Open) Empty Just a Moment (Open)

Post by Vash Zwingli Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Vash glanced at the clock he’d wound that morning, he’d managed to get it in from his home country a year before. It was hot enough out that it was unlikely that any customers would be in for quite some time. He had work he could do, but honestly he was exhausted after a late night at the forge. He settled behind the counter, propping his chin on his left hand as he drew out a sketchbook and a charcoal pencil. He started sketching carefully, but his eyelids started drooping rather quickly. The Swiss finally gave up on it and set the sketch aside—still having no real idea of what it was. He supposed he’d figure that out later. He crossed his arms on the counter and let his head rest on them, planning to only allow himself a couple of moments’ rest.

The blond woke with a start as the bell over the shop door rang. He startled, looking toward the clock—it had been over an hour, Gott he could have gotten a lot more work done. He ran his fingers through his hair and blinked wearily toward the customer who had just entered. Still trying to wake up and calm his irritation at the sudden awakening, he spoke, “Can I help you?”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Just a Moment (Open) Empty Re: Just a Moment (Open)

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:23 am

Sadiq paused on entering the shop, pushing his hat back to wipe his brow quickly before pulling the hat back down. He gave himself a moment to adjust his eyes from the bright glare of the sun to indoors. It was just a little past the hottest part of the day, and the shop owner was so terribly bored.

Considering the smaller man, Sadiq grinned slightly. "Well, I hope at some point you might be able to help me. Gun shop, right? Of the sellin' of weapons? Usually useful things to have in the desert. Did I wake you?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:44 am

Vash straightened, his spine returning to its normal rigidity rather than the hunched position it had been in. He looked over the customer and nodded. “Right, yes, this is a gun shop and no, you didn’t wake me.” He wasn’t sure he much cared for the look of the other man, the mask he wore was a physical marker that made the Swiss ever so slightly nervous—not that he’d ever admit that.

“Is there anything specific you’re looking for? As you said, useful things to have in the desert. All well crafted, and in excellent condition, and affordable for most price ranges.” Of course he was willing to haggle a bit—had to make sure to make some profit over the cost of the materials and the work that went into the guns, but nonetheless.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:52 am

Sadiq grinned at him from beneath the mask. Tense looking fellow this one. Had a slight accent too, and looked almost like he was trying too damn hard to be professional. Or he really did have a stick that far up, which probably was less than enjoyable. He forced his grin a little wider, and made it a little more arrogant.

"Specific? Somethin' small and easy enough to carry and hide. After that, dependin' on how well it turns out, might come back for some more heavy duty items." He glanced around the shop, considering it. "You look like you make some cannons too. Airship supplies then?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:04 am

Having finally fully woken up, Vash allowed his shoulders to relax slightly. He still disliked the mask on the other—just because he didn’t want to be read didn’t mean that he liked being unable to read other people. He rose from the stool, coming around the counter and moving over to a display of handguns. “I think that’s quite the possibility, something small and easily concealed…”

The blond paused at the final comment. “I am starting to work with heavier artillery, yes. It is a viable direction to take the business in, and yes I can supply airships with cannons, should the owner be willing to pay well.”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:12 am

Nodding, Sadiq followed the other with his eyes before walking over to the display as well. He paused, glancing over them, already discarding about half. It was as much for practicabilities sake as the fact he didn't much care for some of the aesthetic designs. Some of the others looked much more like he wanted though, and he considered a few of them, slowly ticking off different options as he went. "May I?" he asked, gesturing to the display, wanting to pick a couple of them up to decide between them.

As he had been considering the guns, he thought about the other's comment. "Heavy artillery is usually a good place to head. Has more money in it too. And, in times like these, most people want to be as protected as possible."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:23 am

Vash hesitated before nodding. “Go ahead.” He let his own gaze wander over the weapons, he was pretty content with the way most of them had turned out, though there were a couple he had promptly scrapped the designs for. He had yet to sell those ones, but that’s what happened once in a while.

He considered for a moment, nodding. “I suppose that’s true. It’s never a bad thing to find a more lucrative way to continue ones trade, and has there ever been a time when people haven’t wished for that level of protection?”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 am

Grinning still, Sadiq picked up one of the guns, considering it before carefully setting it back down and picking up another one, comparing them mentally. He went through this with several of the guns, putting the ones he knew he didn't want back in their spots, the ones he was still considering being put on the counter space to one side. He went through this process, switching some guns out and considering others.

"True," he said, continuing the conversation. "People have liked to be protected since they figured out they had somethin' to be protected from. But it seems much different now, when suddenly there are ships that can fly over cities and the world can be seen faster. The speed of these new ships makes people more terrified, let alone the fact that one can end up hoverin' over your house. Protection becomes even more important then, don't you find? When your own home suddenly could become a target."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:40 am

Vash leaned slightly against the wall by the display, his arms loosely crossed over his chest as he watched the masked man pick and choose among the weapons. His green eyes focused on every movement, and he remained tensed for any sign of possible trouble. He calculated mentally which sort the other man seemed to be seeking, it would help with later work on his part.

The Swiss shrugged very slightly. “I suppose that’s true. If man was meant to fly we would have been given wings, but that’s not to say that we won’t try as much as we can. And the potential invasion capabilities of some of these new transports…” He shook his head. “I suppose everyone is due their own dose of paranoia.”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:01 am

Sadiq thought he was down to three choices with the guns. This time through he wanted something practical, that preferably could hold a larger number of bullets than average. So, something practical, and certainly not flashy--he had a number of other weapons to go with different personas, including a ceremonial dagger, and several guns of intricate design, and a couple riffles. This was just a weapon for him though, and thus he preferred sturdy to flashy.

"Paranoia you call it? Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean fire ain't goin' to rain from the sky and destroy everythin' you built. But you're right, humanity should know by now nature ain't so fond of the idea. But I guess humanity is also goin' to be reachin' for that sun, and continue gettin' burned along the way."

((... Sadiq, you like Greek mythology? *facepalm* Oh of course you do....))
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:15 am

Vash considered the number of metaphorical statements that slipped through that spiel and let most of them pass him by. “I’m not saying that a lack of paranoia will protect you, I’m just saying that the desire for the extensive protection seems rather paranoid, looking at it from outside.” Though he wasn’t really one to talk, considering the weapon he carried at his hip.

“Humanity’s always reaching, but personally, I wonder if some progress isn’t going to end up killing us more than it helps us. Perhaps while it does both. I don’t know though. Tis not for a smith to question, when the progress brings work to my door.” His gaze skimmed over the three guns that the other still had set aside. Good choices, practical. Honestly, quite similar to the sort Vash himself chose to carry--designed for use not for looks.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:29 am

"Well, when the outside has big guns, you get some too," Sadiq said, looking over the three guns again and crossing his arms across his chest, humming under his breath. "Though I'm sure to any other creature in the universe, whatever they may be, they might not be too terribly impressed by us. But as a human being? I like to err on the side of paranoia."

"As for progress? Bitch, that is. We're just findin' better ways of killin' each other. But you're right, it's great for business." He finally turned from the guns to look the blond over. "Well, what'da you think? Any thoughts on which is a better choice?" He gestured to the guns.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 am

Vash nodded a bit in agreement with the other’s statement regarding erring on the side of paranoia, though he did rather prefer the term “caution.” He straightened, looking the guns over, picking them up and remembering the work that went into each of them. After a few minutes of looking from the guns to the customer he finally held one out. “This one’s the most practical. It’ll hold half again the average number of rounds and it’s designed for rapid firing. No added embellishments, just your average run-of-the-mill weapon.”

He considered the other two weapons, setting the one in his hands down and picking up one of the others. “This one holds more rounds that the other, but I’m sure you noticed it is a bit heftier. It takes more ammunition, but it also is missing the ability for rapid fire, and the recoil will be stronger with this one.” He spared a glance for the third one, but shook his head. “Of the three I’d recommend one of these two if you’re looking for the best price on the most practical.”

"The last one's higher priced, but it’s a good weapon. It carries almost as many rounds as the second, but this make of it isn’t set for the rapid-fire capabilities. It does have moderate recoil, but the barrel is grooved for improved accuracy. Of the three this is my preference; depending on what you’re willing to pay I’d recommend this.” Considering he carried a version of the same weapon with rapid-fire capabilities, he could hardly suggest against it.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Sadiq arched a brow, considering them again. Well, when it was put that way, there wasn't actually too much of a choice was there? He was certainly reassure by the fact that he had made such good choices on his own however. But then again, he'd been around guns since far too young an age.

"Well," he said, "Heft and recoil would certainly not be much of an issue for me. I'm not lookin' totally heavy duty, but weight shouldn't be too much of an issue. And neither is price so much," he said, glancing over to the other with a grin. "So it looks like the third one then."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Vash nodded slightly, it was a personal preference, he’d sell the others later, but the man asked for an opinion, and that was what it was. “Well, with heft and recoil being no concern I’d say any of the three, but the third one is the one I would most strongly recommend. I presume you have the money with you?”

That was always a quick way to go from dealing with a sociable shopkeeper (sociable for Vash anyway) to one that was dealing with you because he had to. Browsing wasn’t an option, browsing with intent to buy and then not having the funds was another one of his pet peeves, and nothing would change his demeanor toward you quite so fast.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:19 pm

For a moment, Sadiq gave him a hard look, considering being insulted. "I would hope so," he murmured, hefting the gun up. "Especially if I was lookin' at one of the more expensive guns, hm?" He set the gun back on the counter before fishing around for the money. "After all, I own my own shop, know how annoyin' that could be."

"But," he said, grinning as he pulled it out. "I never did catch your name. And I don't believe in givin' money to someone who's name I don't know."
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Vash inclined his head at the comment regarding the other owning a shop. “Well, then you know that customers don’t always come in prepared to pay.” He considered the other for a long moment. “And I’m not one to care for selling weapons to a nameless man either.”

After another pause he extended his hand for a handshake, still not certain he cared for the lack of identification he could offer about the man if asked, but courtesy demanded it, and so did business. “Vash Zwingli.”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:26 pm

Taking the proffered hand, Sadiq shook it firmly. "Lovely to meet ya. I go by Sadiq Andan myself." He grinned, letting the hand drop. "And I wouldn't usually advise sellin' weapons to nameless blokes. Who knows what kind of trouble they might cause, hm?"

He paused again for a moment before putting his purse on the table. "How much exactly again?" he asked, already sorting through the pieces.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Vash nodded. “Precisely. I would rather not be involved in the mess that could cause. Bad for business, you know?” Though how much better it was to sell to masked men, he couldn’t say.

The Swiss calculated the cost of the materials and labor put into that gun again and stated his price. It was high, but the weapon was a good make.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Sadiq blinked once at the price on the weapon. "You know," he remarked, still grinning as he started pulling out the asked for price. "If this is defective or badly made in any way, I reserve the right to come back here and demand more for this sort of price. If I survive finding that out of course."

He finally set the named price entirely on the counter. "This look good?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Vash’s lips quirked briefly into what might have been the vague semblance of a smile. “I do repairs as well. But this one should be fine. I sell what I would trust my own life with.”

He counted the money, running his fingers over the coins before nodding. “Indeed it does. Is there anything else you need? Ammunition maybe?”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Sadiq was still grinning. "Good to know about those repairs," he said, feeling somewhat reassured as well by the other's claim. After all, he wouldn't have come in here looking for a weapon if he hadn't heard good things about the smith. But it was always nice to hear the other's thoughts on their own work as well. And the smaller man certainly seemed to move as someone used to carrying a gun on their hip.

"Ammunition might not go amiss," he replied, leaning against the counter and crossing his arms, as well as his legs at the ankle. "I presume you have to kind to fit this here weapon?"
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Vash kept his sniping tone in check as he responded. “I wouldn’t sell it if I couldn’t load it. Give me a moment, I’ll go find you the right calibre.”

The blond slipped into the back of the shop, searching and finding a case of .32 calibre rounds. He thought for a moment and then nodded, that was the right bullet for the weapon he’d just sold. He emerged, shaking his head to clear his hair away from his eyes, and set the case down on the counter.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Sadiq looked around the shop again while he was waiting, though he didn't move from where the other left him. When the other came back out, he turned his head to look at him. "And how much will that be costin' then?" he asked, uncrossing his arms and legs to turn and lean against the counter.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 pm

The gunsmith listed his price, something that could be afforded by anyone who was able to buy one of the guns he sold, he never made much profit on the rounds, he didn’t need to, taking the weapons themselves into account.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next