Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings, m'dears

3 posters

Go down

Greetings, m'dears  Empty Greetings, m'dears

Post by Sadiq Adnan Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 am

Hello all,

I tend to be known around the internets as Victoriousscarf, or fearedeyepatch on where you find me. I poke around a variety of fandoms, Hetalia and Andrew Lloyd Webber's CATS being the two most active at this point. I'm also a big fan of everything from Batman, Battlestar Galactica, Doctor Who, musical theatre shows, to Star Trek and Star Wars. Yeah, in other words? I live happily in nerdom.

I'm a history and literature double major at university, but tend to lurk around in the middle of finals week as stress relief anyway, so you probably won't lose track of me at the end of the quarter.

This is also the first time I've had a Turkey muse step forward and go, "I want this and I want it now," so we'll see how this goes. He really liked the desert sort of idea, and I do too. I've grown up on the Dune books by Frank Herbert, and have lately been starting to enjoy Steampunk a good deal. My favorite so far is Michael Moorcock's "The Nomad in Time" trilogy, which sadly seems to be out of print and I had to hunt the books down in three different used bookstores. But they're very much worth it, and I've been looking at some other steampunk of late.

At any rate, I'm very excited about this idea, and am glad to be here, even if it means getting another pushy muse.

Cheers all,

VS
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Greetings, m'dears  Empty Re: Greetings, m'dears

Post by Kateryna Braginskaya Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Hello there~ 'S nice to see you around, and posting so quickly! c: You sound so awesome. How do you find time to RP? (Also; omg Cats. *u*)

I'll enjoy seeing you around the chatbox some time, too.
Kateryna Braginskaya
Kateryna Braginskaya
Admin
Admin

http://www.thezodiacschool.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Thankee. :D ((And eeeeeeh, CATS. <3)) As for time to RP? Stress relief, I have need of it.

Hope to see you around as well.
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilbert Weilschmidt Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Whoo, welcome to the forum!
And another well-rounded nerd! *high-fives*

It seems as though a lot of really good books fall out of print...but looking up The Nomad of Time trilogy, I may have to go hunt those books down.
Gilbert Weilschmidt
Gilbert Weilschmidt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sadiq Adnan Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:23 pm

*returns high five* Yay, nerds!

And they are good books. There's an omnibus edition of all three, you could probably find used on a site like amazon. They're from the 70s, and kinda the forerunner of a lot of steampunk. As both a historian and a sci-fi fan, I'm pretty happy with them. XD
Sadiq Adnan
Sadiq Adnan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum