Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped]

Go down

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] Empty Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped]

Post by Toris Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] Untitled-1copy

♦Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis♦

The Basics
Character Name
Toris Laurinaitis
Country
The Republic of Lithuania
Hometown
Alanta
Occupation
Diplomat, poet

In Depth
Physical Description
Toris always held himself to be of average looks. He has a bit longer then average brown hair and bright green eyes. He’s of average height back home in Lithuania, but is considered quite tall in Egypt. He is quite scrawny by all standards though, not that he cares much.

Toris always tries to look appropriate for the moment even though it sometimes doesn’t come out that way. When meeting someone, going out, or going to work he looks sharp, with a suit, hat, gloves and other needed accessories to make a good impression. However, back at home he is much more casual. You can often find him slumped over his writing desk, with his hair tied up in a ponytail, an unbuttoned shirt and rolled up sleeves.

Personality
Toris is a nice person to say the least, he will always try to stay with a smile when talking to people he doesn’t particularly like. A great attribute to his diplomatic carrier, but in terms it means that he may become passive-aggressive. Being polite and friendly when needs be he gets people to like him quite fast. Even though he is a poet, wit has never been his strong suit. It’s not that he doesn’t get humor or like it, he’s just not able to make any good jokes himself. All of his attempts end up in an awkward silence so he learned not to worry about it later in life.

Toris values hard work more than anything else. He stays very serious, concentrated and does not tolerate nonsense when working. Often he gets teased of being ‘even more serious than a German’. Also, Toris has a tendency to worry a lot, most of the time the reasons are completely understandable, but other times it’s just plain silly. Sadly, he suffers from chronic stomach pains whenever he gets anxious, the doctors say it’s nothing serious, but he still needs painkillers to get rid of them.

History
Growing up, Toris lived with his parents in a modest mansion in a very small town, where everybody practically knew ach other. He had no cares in the world for the most part of his childhood, playing in the nearby woods and helping around the house. He was very close to his parents and had a great friend named Feliks whom he used to spend his summers with.

The troubles started when he left home and entered a Gymnasium in a nearby town. In the fourth year of his studies, when Toris was 17, his mother died of tuberculosis. Soon after his father passed away as well, Toris decided it was from a broken heart. Even though devastated, he managed to finish his studies and later moved to Vilnius to continue studying Lithuanian Philology in Vilnius University.

Having no one to take care of the mansion, he sold it and bought a rather large apartment in the old town. During this time he took care of a young girl named Natalya. He kind of developed feeling for her, but decided that it would be inappropriate to fall in love with a houseguest 4 years younger than yourself. (that and she kept rejecting him quite harshly)

After finishing university, he made a grave mistake of turning for politics. For the first few years it was not a problem. Being popular among people and very hardworking, he rose on the ladder of carrier quite quickly, even managing to publish his first (and only one) poetry book. However, after discovering a corruption scandal, he got, even though indirectly, rid of. He was sent to work as a diplomat for the newly opened embassy in Egypt. The job was not so bad, but he had to leave the country, which meant he had to leave his whole life, that he worked very hard for, behind him.

Important Information
- He’s not that rich as he seems. All of his parents’ money went in to the apartment.
- Even though he’s not very athletic, he’s a good fencer.
- He has absolutely no luck in love, but remains a total romantic.

Culture and Literature
Nature
Vilnius
Natalya

Dislikes
Being away from home
Work not being taken seriously
Thieves
Pastries made from couscous
Very hot weather

Toris was briskly walking down the ministry hallway. He wasn't late but, wanted to get earlier today, there had been a lot of paperwork pilling up and the sooner he'll get it done, the sooner he'll get rid of it. When he finally had reached the office, to his surprise he found the doors locked. Usually the secretary comes a lot earlier than this and leaves the door open. As Toris was taking out his own key, he heard a voice echoing through the hallways. "Nice to see you so early, Mr. Laurinaiti" It was the director, a roundish man within his late forties.
"It's a pleasure to be here" Toris smiled jokingly "I was just about to start on the monthly reports, strangely my secretary seems not to have arrived yet, but I..."
"That is what I was planning to talk to you about" Toris felt a griping seriousness in his voice. "She won't be coming in today or ever again for that matter. The new budget cuts were very severe and sacrifices had to be made."
Toris was baffled. Sure he had heard about the new budget problems, but he had no idea that his department would be so greatly affected. It all seemed too sudden and convenient.
"But don't worry, I personally made sure to secure you a place." The man continued. "You will be given a position in the newly opened embassy in Egypt. The salary is the same, there's lots of paperwork, but your good at that." The man laughed slightly. Toris, however, remained absolutely silent.
"Echem, there are some documents you need to sign in my office, but other than that there's nothing else for you to do today, I suggest take the day off and relax." The man waited to hear a response, but after a moment of silence continued. "The trip starts in two weeks, accommodation has been arranged..."
"Pardon my interruption sir, but is there no other position for me apart from that one... I have absolutely no diplomatic experience..." Toris tried to reason with the man, but he already knew that the decision has been made, way before the budget alterations.
"Sadly, no. Of course you can leave politics all together but I doubt that you would want that." The sentence sounded more like an offer than it should have. "I'll leave all the paperwork for tomorrow then you should get some rest, I do believe this was a shock to you." The director turned away and was about to leave the hall, when Toris spoke again.
"I'm sorry if i may seem blunt, but are you trying to get rid of me?"
"Now Mr. Laurinaiti, that would be just silly, wouldn't it?"

Out of Character
Name
Eimantė or Eiman for short
Time Zone
GMT + 2
Contact
eimantejan@gmail.com (works on msm as well)
Anything Else?

I have one advantage when rping Lithuania. I AM A GENUINE LITHUANIAN 8D That means that I totally know what I'm talking about...most of the time. Anyway don't worry if you see gratuitous lithuanian, the grammar is perfect. I can't say the same about my english though, please understand it's my second language, correct me if you can...

Oh and I drew the profile picture myself 8D
Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] 126518128434-55120

Last edited by Gilbert Weilschmidt on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Just putting the picture in the app for him. Love, Gilly. <3)

Toris

Back to top Go down

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] Empty Re: Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped]

Post by Co-Admin One Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 pm

You're missing something in your app. Please go read the rules again and fix it.

Co-Admin One
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] Empty oh...

Post by Toris Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:30 am

Echem sorry for that...

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] 126518128434-55120

Toris

Back to top Go down

Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped] Empty Re: Lithuania/Toris Laurinaitis Application [Dropped]

Post by Co-Admin One Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Thank you.

You seem like a really good Lithuania, so I'm going to say accepted! Please make an account and begin posting.

Co-Admin One
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down