Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash]

2 posters

Go down

A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash] Empty A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash]

Post by Vash Zwingli Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:29 am

Vash Zwingli made his way through the dusk, a basket of
groceries hooked on his left arm and a sack of some supplies for his smithy
slung over his right shoulder. He was on his way back to his shop for a long night at the forge. Some small part of him was wishing he would actually give in and take a night off, but the larger part quickly drowned that out with the list of things that he needed to do around the shop itself even if he wasn't actually working at the forge. He would sleep when he was dead. Or during the hottest part of the day. And he'd see to it that he got an hour or two before the sun rose.

The Swiss was going through his mental list of chores he would need to get done after he got home and before he settled in to work. Every time he thought he'd reached the end of it he remembered another thing he hadn't finished the night before. He shook his head to clear his blond hair out of his eyes, looking up in time to step to the side to avoid actually running into someone. "Verzeihung," he murmured the quick apology, not getting an especially good look at the other man.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash] Empty Re: A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash]

Post by Former Austria Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:35 am

Roderich left the house, a tired sigh escaping his lips as he ran his hand through his soft brown locks, something he did when he felt stressed, accidently disturbing the pristine condition his hair had been in. A boy, no older than fifteen, waved him off with a grateful smile on his face as the Austrian stalked off. He walked through the streets of Ostenesse, having gone all the way here to meet with a patient who couldn't come to his clinic located all the way in the Havenbourne section. He kept his head down, wrapping his coat tightly around him, more for protection rather than warmth, although the warm desert air were beginning to show signs of a cold night. He wasn't used to these streets, only having to come here once in a while to go to the market.

He found some comfort in the weight of the gun hidden in his coat. Roderich, eager to get home, quickened his pace and nearly crashed into a blonde man slighter shorter than he was. Surprised, his grip loosened on the case he had been holding. The Austrian barely acknowledged the quick apology uttered by the stranger, spoken in German no less, in favour of dropping down to his knees to quickly look into his case to make sure nothing was damaged. He relaxed once he saw they were fine and calmly stood up. "Nein, it was my fault."
Former Austria
Former Austria

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash] Empty Re: A Chance Encounter [Roderich + Vash]

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:15 pm

“Hardly that,” came the automatic response. Vash finally brought his gaze back to focus on the other man. The words spoken had carried a distinctly familiar accent—Austrian if he had to guess. The appearance of the other man caused him to pause, when he’d really been intending to offer another apology and depart for his forge. Violet eyes, dark brown hair with a strand that some instinctive, childish part of the blond wanted to tug on. He shook off the memories that sprung up at the sight of those eyes, dismissing them as impossibilities. A wealthy, Austrian aristocrat, third son or not, would not be wandering the streets of Ostnesse at this hour.

On the other hand, there was always some slim chance. After all, he had ended up there. The smith shifted his sack of supplies to his left shoulder and spoke again, his gaze drifting to the other’s case, “Really, mein herr, I was not watching where I was going. Please, accept my apology? And if I might make it up to you, if I have damaged anything there, let me know.”
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Austria Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 am

"Really, it's fine," insisted the Austrian. A polite smile was directed at the other man, however, his eyes remained distracted, observing his surroundings only for Roderich to come to the sudden and dreadful realisation that he had no idea where he was. There were no familiar landmarks in sight to show him the way and the rapidly growing shadows in the alleyways seemed to laugh at him, as if reminding him of what could happen if he didn't get home before nightfall. Would a measly pistol be enough to defend himself? He gulped. Perhaps it was best he found an inn to stay the night, Roderich didn't quite trust himself to find his way back to Havenbourne in time. Looking for an inn would still require time, and he was wasting precious amounts of it talking to a stranger. "I should probably go now. It was a pleasure meeting you though, Mr...?"
Former Austria
Former Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:51 pm

"Zwingli. Vash Zwingli. But the pleasure is mine," came the even response. He studied the other man, watching the way his violet eyes darted toward the lengthening shadows. He stepped aside, out of the other's path. "It is getting late, and I am sure you have better places to be than standing on a street corner."

He shook his blond hair out of his eyes. It was long since time for him to be back at his forge, but he wasn't certain he wanted to leave before his suspicions were confirmed or disproven. "I should be returning home, myself. Gute Nact, Mr...?"
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Austria Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Vash? Strange, why did that name sound so...? His eyes drifted slowly towards the blonde, widening when they met with familiar, stubborn green eyes, partially hidden behind bangs that were slightly longer than he remembered, The former aristocrat seemed to freeze when it finally dawned on him; vague memories of his childhood wormed its way into his conscious mind and Roderich was reminded of a young, temperamental, blonde boy he used to play with. He looked so much like the man in front of him. But what would he be doing in Aldmoor?

It took him a moment to get over his initial shock, and even longer for him to actually remember what the other was asking of him, but eventually the Austrian managed to breath out, "Edelstein, Roderich Edelstein." He paused, watching the other man carefully, looking for some sort of confirmation. "My apologies for staring so blatantly, you just...reminded me of an old friend of mine."
Former Austria
Former Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Vash allowed the scrutiny, feeling it confirm his suspicions. When the Austrian's name was actually spoken however, his expression closed off, "Roderich Edelstein." He narrowly avoided frowning as he shook his bangs away from his eyes, "Of Vienna?"

He was doing his best to push away childhood memories, but they kept rising, scrambled together. Playing with the son of the noble house, helping him home, never hearing a reply to his letters after his family returned to Switzerland, the list went on. "I find no fault with your staring, you too remind me of an old friend I lost touch with years ago."
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Austria Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 am

"Ja, you've heard of me then...?" He let it hang, testing the other man. His mouth turned down into a barely noticeable frown when the Swiss' bangs moved to cover his eyes from view once again, Roderich could just barely make them out behind the blonde strands and truth be told - it irked him, not being able to see those familiar green orbs. Even as the other man shook them away, it did not stop them from falling back down. The former aristocrat had the sudden urge to lift his hand and brush them aside, and unknown to him, he had taken an unconscious step forward towards the blonde.

The Swiss man's reply was all the confirmation he needed, and it caused his frown to subside into a nostalgic, if not slightly sad, smile. "Oh? What a coincidence. What was he like?" There was no doubt in his mind that the boy he had spent his younger days playing with all those years ago stood in front of him now. Of all the places they could have bumped into each other, it had to be in Aldmoor almost twenty years later. The Austrian was reminded of the years that separated his childhood and the present time - so much had happened since then, so much had changed. Did Vash still recognise him, even after all those years?
Former Austria
Former Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 am

Vash's eyebrow rose, "Perhaps not such a coincidence." He shrugged his shoulder slightly to readjust where the sack of supplies rested, "He was the third son of the House of Edelstein in Austria. We had many adventures as children, but that was many years ago. I thought him to be a good friend." He recognized the other beyond a shadow of a doubt now, but he still wasn't quite certain what sort of reception he wished to give the other.

The Swiss glanced down the street, "Do you mind terribly if we walk while we continue this conversation? I really do need to be getting these things back to my home and forge."
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Austria Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:21 am

He returned the Swiss' questioning eyebrow with one of his own, a slightly amused expression gracing his features. Roderich was somewhat surprised that the blonde still remembered him, he could tell this from the way Vash looked at him, though it seemed both men were hesitant to confirm each other's suspicions. Were they to pretend they did not know each other? Perhaps it was Roderich's way of stalling an awkward reunion? It all seemed so surreal, suddenly meeting the Swiss here. Curiosity sprouted in the former aristocrat; he wanted to know what his old friend had been up to lately - which was why he took up the blonde's offer with a polite, "No, not at all."
Former Austria
Former Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:32 pm

Vash nodded slightly, turning toward his forge. He was still trying to sort out how to interact with a man he had neither seen nor heard from in nearly twenty years. He let the silence lengthen for much of the short walk, it was only when they reached the street his forge was on that he finally spoke again, "We both know that it's no coincidence that we resemble childhood friends, don't we, Roderich? What I can't seem to comprehend is what brings you to Aldmoor." He set his bag of groceries down to find his key and unlocked the shop door. Picking up the groceries again, he stepped inside, supporting the door with his shoulder so that Roderich could enter with him if he chose to.

The shop itself was a simple enough affair, every space used to the best of it's capabilities. The shelves and display cases all held an assortment of guns: revolvers, pistols, muskets. One rack was devoted entirely to knives along another wall. Many looked to be of practical use, though there were several of the firearms that had a more decorative appearance. There were no extra embellishments in the shop itself, shelves, displays, a counter with a stool behind it for the shopkeeper to utilize for transactions. The front half and work room were separated by a thick brown curtain that in the shadows of the unlit room blended will with the wall behind the counter.
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Former Austria Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Vash' apparent cold reception made him slightly unsure of how to act around the blonde. The Austrian had expected the journey to this 'forge' to turn out long and awkward, and had been dreading the silence that took over them. Several times he opened his mouth to say something, anything, but found himself constantly tongue tied and opted to stay silent. Roderich was thankful when the journey ended once he was standing in front of a shop, a mere short walk's away from where they had been before, anxiously waiting as the Swiss stepped inside and held open the door for him. The last action surprised him immensely. As a child, Vash had always had a temper on him, one that could rival his own, and ettiquette was probably the last thing on the blonde's mind. "Well I can't seem to comprehend when you've managed to finally pick up some manners," he answered, avoiding the obvious question in the other man's words.

The Austrian stepped inside and was quite taken aback by what he saw. Even in the dimness of the room, the assortment of firearms very nearly took his breath away. "Quite an extensive collection you have here." Roderich had never found a reason to visit a shop like this - his own gun had belonged to the one who took him in when he first arrived in Aldmoor and he maintained it himself. Now, it felt inferior compared to the ones he was seeing now. "Am I right to assume that you are a gunsmith?"
Former Austria
Former Austria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vash Zwingli Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:56 am

Vash frowned slightly as he made his way toward the curtain at the back, setting the sack of forge supplies down behind the counter and placing the groceries on it--he'd take them upstairs later, "I grew up, manners are a necessity." His tone was clipped, but not quite harsh. If he'd been gradually letting himself smooth over the fact the other was an aristocrat he found a reminder there in the thought of a sharp tongued, yet usually polite child that had become the man before him.

He leaned against the counter, his green gaze moving around the shop, half calculating what needed to be reorganized, what would need to be cleaned or sharpened before it could be sold, and if anything needed to drop in price. He nodded slightly at the other's question, "Weapons in general, actually. I do some work with knives and swords but mostly the guns are my preference." He paused for a moment, "And what of you? What do you do?"
Vash Zwingli
Vash Zwingli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down