Sahara Skies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted]

2 posters

Go down

Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Empty Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted]

Post by Nata?lia Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:40 pm

♦Natałlia Arłoŭskaja♦

Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Belarus5
The Basics
Character Name
Natallia Arlouskaja (Natalia Arlovskaya in English)
Country
Republic of Belarus
Hometown
Minsk
Occupation
Owner/operator of a meat pie emporium.

In Depth
Physical Description
Natallia is a woman of limited height and petite stature; she attemps to make up for this by wearing the most voluminous skirts that she can afford. She favors darker colors in dress, and opts to wear rather tight bodices, and for this reason she has fainted a few times before. However, she would still rather fan herself for hours that go out of her house underdressed.
The Belarusian woman wears her long, platinum blonde hair back, though on special occasions she sometimes will wear it up in a simple knot. Often, a white or black ribbon adorns her hair, though a fascinator will oftimes accompany her knotted hairstyle. She has been described as pretty, but she is so in a very harsh sort of way. Unlike her sister's sweet and natural beauty, Natallia's looks require a bit of getting used to. She has small but finely shaped lips, eyes in a blue-ish shade of violet, and a nose which is almost to large for her face but not quite.
While Natallia can't control much inside, she strives to always look her best outside (an occasional smattering of flour can sometimes escape her though).
Personality
Natallia's "personality" is nary much more than a list of mental disabilities. At times she has a steel resolve and obsessive drive which brings a hardness to her eyes and a stiffness to her jaw; other times, she can be sweet, doting, almost motherly (though this is usually only towards Ivan). However, more often than not, she acts like a person who has had just a bit too much absinthe and has spent a little more than a bit too long wearing a top hat and whitening powder.
Diagnosed with everything from bipolar disorder to female hysteria (yeah, look that one up), her psychologist is her worst enemy. There are medicines that she is supposed to take, therapies she is supposed to go to, but she would rather hold on to the security blanket that is her madly-ignorant bliss than accept that Ivan will never love her and that she will probably never have a family. She speaks with people (except for her brother and occasionally her sister), little more that is nescessary. Her shop is often quiet except for the sound of her pounding dough, usually rather violently.
Natallia hangs on to sanity with tooth and nail, but day by day she is losing the fight with reality.
History
When Natallia was born in Minsk, she was born as an almost-unwanted third child. Her brother and sister had remained behind in Russia while her parents went on a trip, and she was not expected to be born before they joined the family in Belarus. Before Natallia even met her, Kateryna was sent away to make her own living in a far-away land since, at the time, their family was losing money.
As a young child, she spent a lot of time alone or with her brother, always preferring silence. Natallia was not always as unnerved as she is now; at one time she was a rather normal child, studying history and alchemy. However, her downward spiral soon began when she was taken into the custody of one Toris Laurinaitis (another effect of their family's lack of money), living in his house for a number of years. Toris was nice enough but she disliked living in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania because she missed her brother terribly.
At this period in her life, the solace she had once sought became her prison - the small problems in her mind began to grow and fester, her affections fer her dear brother now reaching unnatural proportions. By the time she had raised enough money to move out of Toris' house (with some of this money having been sent from Ivan), she had begun to lose her grip on this world. She took the only route she could imagine helping her - she went to find her sister.
Now, though she lives in the same city as Kateryna, even the same district, she still has not had the courage to seek her out. She owns a small shop in a slightly seedy part of Ostnesse, doing her best to keep her mind and shop above the waves.
Important Information
(Don't eat the Wednesday special.)
"Baking"
Walking through the desert at night.
Playing the harpsichord (horribly)
Finding other uses for those pills the doctor gives her
Families (she wishes she could have one)
Sunflowers
Dislikes
Toris
Small animals
People who might possibly take her brother's affection
That stolid, apathetic feeling that medication gives her
Losing her parasol and getting sunburned

Walking had become a bit of an obsession for her lately, which was why Natallia was in the middle of the desert at 4 AM. Really, the Belorussian woman had a bit of a problem with obsessions. When she liked something, it tended to stick in her mind for a while.
However, this recent favorite was better than some of her others. Natasha liked walking at night because there was no sun to mar her beautifully pallid skin. She liked walking in the desert most of all though - the moon's light against the pale sand reminded her of the snow at home. But this wasn't snow, and she wasn't home.
Thinking of home, Belarus did not come to her mind. Though she was born in Belarus, she only truly felt well in Russia, with her brother. As of late though, her actions around Ivan had been causing him distress. That was why Natallia had come to Aldmoor... She cared for her brother so much that it seemed to be best for them both for her to go away.
As she crested the next dune, she saw the Oasis down in it's valley. She often came here to be alone, though her sanity suffered for it sometimes. As she looked up across the sands, she turned toward the North.
"I will be with you again someday, brother..."

Out of Character
Name
Lillian
Time Zone
GMT +5
Contact
AIM - damianaxhelonias Anything else, just ask.
Anything Else?
Well, this is my first time role-playing as Belarus, so if I need to work on this a bit more or change anything, I will.
Also, the picture is a bit bad because I don't have my wig at the moment and I just threw the costume together. On second thought, I'm not even sure if I should use a picture of myself...Sorry.
Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Photo07811

Nata?lia

Back to top Go down

Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Empty Re: Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted]

Post by Co-Admin One Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:49 pm

I liked your app. There were a few problems though.

One, I wouldn't use a picture of yourself. It just seems...a tad odd. Two, until you mentioned Lithuania everything in your history was fantastic. But then you started talking about Toris as if he were a nation rather than a person. Since this is an AU, you need to talk about him like a person.

Other than those two things, your application is awesome. You seem to be a great Belarus.

Co-Admin One
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Empty Heh. -_-;

Post by Natallia Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:19 pm

Aha, sorry about that. It is a bit odd, isn't it...? I can't edit it, so here's a better one: Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Belarus5
Also, I'll revise that part: As a young child, she spent a lot of time alone or with her brother, always preferring silence. Natallia was not always as unnerved as she is now; at one time she was a rather normal child, studying history and alchemy. However, her downward spiral soon began when she was taken into the custody of one Toris Laurinaitis (another effect of their family's lack of money), living in his house for a number of years. Toris was nice enough but she disliked living in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania because she missed her brother terribly.
At this period in her life, the solace she had once sought became her prison - the small problems in her mind began to grow and fester, her affections fer her dear brother now reaching unnatural proportions. By the time she had raised enough money to move out of Toris' house (with some of this money having been sent from Ivan), she had begun to lose her grip on this world. She took the only route she could imagine helping her - she went to find her sister.

Natallia

Back to top Go down

Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted] Empty Re: Belarus / Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Application[Accepted]

Post by Co-Admin One Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Thank you! That's much better dear, and thus you are accepted! Please make an account with your character's name and begin posting.

Co-Admin One
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natałlia Arłoŭskaja Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Yay~ Thank you. ^.^
Natałlia Arłoŭskaja
Natałlia Arłoŭskaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down